2 Day Weekend Retreat – Abstracted Landscapes with Artist Jayne Rolinson
Date: Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th June ( Queens Birthday weekend)
Time: 9.30am to 4.30 pm
Venue: 300095 Brand Hwy Yardarino ( Dongara)
No prior painting or drawing skills needed. This course is designed for adults of all ages.
Join me for a 2 day workshop plein air painting at my home studio situated on 40 acres overlooking farm land 4 km out of Dongara. For those that will be traveliing a distance I am opening up my house for free accommodation to stay for the nights you need to.
We will take in the amazing views and create our own semi- abstract view on canvas of the surrounds. We can head down to the river to the with the beautiful river gums or perch high on the hill overlooking the valley.
We will discuss composition, excercises in mark making , colour harmony and how to translate your creative ideas on canvas.
Take home a beautiful finished artwork.
A super fun 2 days being immersed in creativity and the beautiful country side.
Mix and meet like minded creative souls who would love some time out of our busy schedules simply enjoy creating on canvas
Beginners I absolutely love – you will be so amazed as your unlock your inner artist and express your creativity.
All levels are welcome. Tip – you must be prepared to let go, be brave, go with the flow.
“Paint with passion. Paint with an unknown destination. Let loose, play a little, be spontaneous. This is where the magic happens…”
Two full days of of fun, laughs and new friendships.
I am always incredibly excited to be part of a students journey into re-discovering their path of creativity.. ..
I would love to meet you.
PS: Classes fill fast so please book early
For further information please email – firstname.lastname@example.org
or call me – 041915806
- This course is designed to bring your creative side out to play.
- You will learn techniques that will give you the courage to loosen up and explore on canvas
- Explore the possibilities with composition
- Loosen up with mark making exercises
- Discover your style of mark making
- Step by step guidance from a professional artist who believes on having fun along the journey.
- Make new connections with other creative souls.
- Fun, fun and so much more.
- All materials supplied ( except for canvas)
- What you will need to bring –
- canvas – no bigger than 1 m x1m. You may bring smaller canvas to work on
- Please bring lunch – those who are not staying or I might pop on a big hearty soup for lunch
- Coffee/tea and light refreshments will be provided.
- Please wear clothes that can have a little paint on them and walking shoes for around the paddock.
If the weather comes in I have a beautiful verandah that wraps around the house and the views are spectacular.
- Accomodation will be offered to those who have to travel a few miles first. Local residents – I am happy if you come only for the day and go home at night.
- 5 beds queen beds in rooms available ( one will be my camper/ art van) No charge for accommodation.
- We will need to put in extra cash for food . Approx $50 each ( all help with cooking/tidy up etc)
- More finer details will be sent closer to the date.
- If more people wish to stay we can double up in rooms but you will need to bring a swag.
- You can arrive Friday and leave Monday if that suits.
- I will have linen on beds for you and a big fire in the lounge.
- Please contact me for any questions:
NB: Bring that playful curious side of you. The one who wants to play without expectations! Inner critic left at home.
Please note: A non-refundable deposit of $100 for all cancellations.
PS – Please print this to keep the details or take a snap on your phone